William Charles Norton was born 29 November, 1896 at Forest Range. Labourer.
Parents : Samuel Gascoyne Norton and Sarah Ann Stafford, married 20 February 1896.
Enlisted : 25 May 1916. Number 2963. 50th Battalion
Action : Sailed from Adelaide on the Afric on 7 November, 1916. After spending some time in hospital in England in July 1917 he moved to France for fighting. He was a Lance Corporal. British War Medal, Victory Medal. See AIF project, Australian War Memorial and National Archives for further information.
Died : Killed in action 25 April 1918 near Villers-Bretonneux, France.
Buried : Commemorated at Villers-Bretonneux Memorial, Villers-Bretonneux, Villers-Bretonneux Area, France.
- William Charles (born Forest Range, SA, 29 November 1896, died near Villers-Bretonneux, France 25 April 1918)
- Samuel Walter (born Forest Range, SA, 3 August 1898)
- Clarence John (born Forest Range, SA, 20 September 1899, died Renmark, SA)
- Nelson Hope (born Forest Range, SA, 5 May 1901, died Adelaide, SA, 12 March 1987)
- Pearl Eileen (born Forest Range, SA, 20 January 1903)
- Annie (born Forest Range, SA, 29 July 1904)
- Sarah (born Forest Range, SA, 11 August 1905, married name Alexander)
- Myrtle Linda (born Forest Range, SA, 1 June 1907, died 1972, married name Harvey)
- Stephen Norman (born Forest Range, SA, 23 May 1909)
- Clement Gascoyne (born Forest Range, SA, 10 November 1910, died 1982)
- Ronald Lionel (born 11 April 1914)
- Hartley Graham (born 24 June 1921, died Hanover, Germany 3 October 1943)