Alexander Geoffrey Brockhoff was born 13 August, 1894. Geof was a gardener who was farming a property on Swamp Road that his parent’s had purchased for him just a few months earlier.
Action : Left Adelaide on 9 March 1916 on the Mongolia. His missing in action report details a number of version of his death. British War Medal, Victory Medal. See AIF project, Australian War Memorial and National Archives for further information.
Buried : He has no known grave but is commemorated at Australian National Memorial, Villers-Bretonneux, France
Family : Alexander Carl Friedrich Brockhoff and Alice Pruden Fry were married at Braeside, Jerry’s Flat (now Lenswood) on 5 March 1890. They farmed a property called the Pines on Cold Store Road, Lenswood (part section 5146) and had the following children:
- Helena Anne (born Forest Range, SA 3 May 1891, died Forest Range, SA 1 September 1948, married name Filsell)
- Arthur Charles (born Forest Range, SA 18 January 1893, died Payneham, SA 13 November 1967)
- Alexander Geoffrey (born Forest Range, SA 13 August 1894, died Pozières, France, 6 August 1916)
- Perry Albert (born Forest Range, SA 19 February 1896, died 23 April 1940, changed surname to Brook)
- David Alfred (born Forest Range, SA 20 August 1899, died Morphett Vale, SA 11 August 1970)
- Alice Pruden (born Forest Range, SA 16 March 1902, died Forest Range SA 24 June 1902)