Arthur John Thomas Biggs was born 19 August 1883 at Norton Summit. He was a miner in Kalgoorlie.
Parents : John Thomas Biggs and Margaret Davis married on 28 October 1874 at Morialta.
Enlisted : Number 240. He enlisted on 19 October 1914 at Helena Vale, Western Australia. 10th Light Horse Regiment. He had previously served in the NSW Bushmen Contingent in the Boer War, at the age of 17.
Died : Died of wounds from a gunshot wound to the abdomen on 10 January, 1917 in the 3rd Light Horse Field Ambulance Hospital, El Arish, Egypt.
Buried : Reinterred at Kantara War Memorial Cemetery, Kantara, Suez Canal, Egypt – row B, grave no. 169
John Thomas Biggs and Margaret Davis had the following children:
- Charlotte (born Forest Range, SA, 26 April 1876, died North Adelaide, SA, 2 July 1938, married name Smith)
- William Henry (born Forest Range, SA, 14 August 1877, died Basket Range, SA, 29 May 1896)
- Mary Emily (born Forest Range, SA, 12 December 1878, died Adelaide, SA, 2 August 1964, married name Bell)
- John (born Forest Range, SA, 15 July 1880, died Forest Range, SA, 26 August 1890)
- Wilfred (born Norton Summit, SA, 21 December 1881, died Perth, WA, 1953)
- Arthur John Thomas (born Norton Summit, SA 19 August 1883, died Rafa, Egypt, 10 January 1917)
- Ella Clara (born Norton Summit, SA, 9 July 1885, died Forest Range, SA, 10 March 1906)
- Maud Agnes Davis (born Norton Summit, SA, 27 September 1887, died 1982, married name Meyers)
- Rennas Albert Gatwick (born Norton Summit, SA, 24 September 1889, died North Adelaide, SA, 14 October 1929)
Margaret had died in 1891 when the children were young. John Thomas died in 1917, just two months after the death of Arthur. Arthur’s grandfather, Caleb Biggs, established the Forest Range Hotel and was one of the earliest settlers in Forest Range.